The League of Women Voters of Westford advocates a quality education adequately funded and supported by the community. Specific aspects inherent in a quality educational program include the following:
- Clear academic goals developed jointly by community and school and communicated to the public.
- A well-articulated curriculum, subject to regular review, with carefully defined objectives that meet the needs of each individual student. Flexibility and innovation in achieving these objectives should be encourages. Curriculum guides should be published for parents.
- A well-qualified staff who receive constructive supervision and regular evaluation and are supported by administrators and community to maintain the highest professional standards.
- Communication to develop a relationship of trust and respect between the community and administrative leaders who must be responsive to their constituents.
- A physical plant which allows sufficient space for a variety of learning experiences and provides each student with equal facilities and opportunities.