Recognizing the need for quality child care in Westford, the League of Women Voters of Westford supports:
- Equal access to child care alternatives for all ages.
- School policies that encourage child care alternatives through:
- A school-wide transportation system that accommodates after-school care and activities in a responsible, flexible, and efficient manner.
- Use of school facilities for self-sustaining after-school programs.
- Coordinated scheduling of after-school activities to promote accessibility
- Zoning which allows for family daycare providers and childcare centers in accessible and safe areas.